Along with nutritional supplementation, a healthy lifestyle can ease symptoms and prevent new damage from occurring.
- Quit smoking!
- Eat a well balanced diet which is rich in antioxidants
- Exercise regularly
- Control your blood sugar with your diet and any prescribed medications (note: See your doctor as recommended.)
- Check your feet and legs daily to be alert for wounds
- Maintain excellent foot hygiene
- Make sure you have proper fitting shoes in good condition
- See your podiatrist for regular checkups and care